Senators: Damon Leone Rob, Aurelius Romanov-Phoenix. Petrus Gnaeus Pompeius, Miles Maximus, Janu Shimada-Vindelici, Booker Beningborough, Tybalt Caproni
Citizens: Alexi Romanov-Phoenix, Ariel Vindelici, Dax Vayander Parthicus, ĐαLöη Đög Đeşαηtö, Chase Wyatt Đeşαηtö, Jhon, Prince JinFLoreo Karu, Sir Helios of Dacia, Wyatt, Velkian, Deo Ronan Parthicus, Candyboy Allen, Jacob Octavius Drakon-Pompeius, Ras Parthicus, Zac, Jonny, Popov Huldchinsky, duracuir
Proxy: Odrys Parthicus (proxy for Strymon Odrysius Parthicus)
I. SENATE ANNOUNCEMENT
Senator Ulrik has resigned his position as Senator.
II. Xth ANNIVERSARY OF ROMANUM
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: As you all know I asked the Senate a couple of months ago to help with two major tasks. The upcoming 10th anniversary celebration in March and the future of Romanum after that celebration, namely ways to keep Romanum a fun and interesting place. Naturally as the leader of the Senate, I asked Senator Booker to lead this effort with the Senate. Senator Booker and I had a meeting today to discuss the progress. So far he has established some steering committees to help with the anniversary celebration. As per usual, of course, Senator Janu and his team of event organizers would actually execute activities for the celebration. But the 10th anniversary, we wish, to be a bit bigger then our usual anniversary celebrations. We discussed last weekend such ideas as a movie showing photos and videos from the last 10 years. We discussed with Prince Jin about a play regarding the last 10 years. I also indicated the need for major publicity throughout Second Life. And we also discussed how critical it was we found people willing to help Janu and his team execute the many activities planned. More info will be produced for public notice as we move forward. I remain committed to work with the Senate in general and Senate Lead Booker in particular to put together the entire effort, which is more then the many activities planned and I will personally involve myself in the details of all of this to assist in anyway I can. Although the "Next 10 year" project remains an important task for the Senate, obviously because of the calendar, focus on the 10th anniversary is a priority. But I am asking the Senate to at least start thinking about beyond the 10th anniversary. I view THAT (beyond the 10th anniversary) as a project for this year.
Janu Shimada Vindelici: We are looking to have a full programme of events. But we need volunteers to help run events. You may be approached. Please help if you can. But it's also about you. If you want to hold an event, we should be able to include it. The co-ordinators can help with planning. We are holding a meeting to plan on 25 January @ 1pm. Notices will go out. But all are welcome.
ƛԼЄҲƖ ŔƠMƛƝƠѴ-ƤӇƠЄƝƖҲ : Our dances held at the colosseum and the Fort of Legion work well. I was thinking it would be open invite to other gay sims and allies of Romanum to attend.
Prince JinFloreo Karu: I would like to propose a parade for the anniversary. I have organized them in the past where each family/temple responsible for creating a float performance etc. If anyone would like that I can help create it. Also I wanted to bring up the dangers of inviting the outside public to events. You get people in wrong dress, trolls etc. Just a warning.
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: We would focus on similar RP sims.
Jacob Octavius Drakon-Pompeius: Do we want to invite other kingdoms for the anniversary? (Booker Beningborough: Yes, that will be done.) I will inform her majesty then.
III. TRIBUNATE REPORT
Ras Parthicus: As I understand the situation, the new Tribunes have not yet been sworn in nor a Lead elected so I assume I am still Tribune Lead till that occurs and report as follows.
- The Plebeian Assembly's proposal for a test of the zCS meter system has been approved. Introduction of zCS to the General Populace: The Tribunate received advice 29 December 2019 that the Supreme Governing Body had approved the trial/test of the zCS meter for the general populace of Romanum, on a voluntary basis. As I was involved in furthering the original submission and have had discussions with with Senator Tybalt, who has an excellent knowledge of the system and has helped /setup the infrastructure in each sim. (The GM meter and zCS meter are both used by the Gladiators and Legion.) The Administrators for the whole zCS system are Skip Senator Tybalt and Proconsul Alexi. Information will be prepared for citizens about the zCS system, where they may acquire it and the basics of using it. Not everyone may wish to engage in fighting, hence the reason for it being voluntary.
- Betting at the Chariots: With the zCs meter, coins are accumulated for the length of time the meter is worn in a zCS enabled sim. The proposal is that with these coins, betting be allowed on certain races at the chariots. Part of the arrangements have been in place for the last 3 months or so - the drivers and results board and Senator Tybalt has produced the numbering of the horses with special colours. A betting sheet has been developed, but discussions need to be held with the operators of the Chariots how to implement it, so as not to affect the Chariot races. Other issues include dividends, winners and place-getters, which races should wagers be placed on, location of the Betting Agent.
- Horse-racing Events: I have designed and built a racecourse under cover in a temporary location in Pompeii. The idea is that people with their own horses, will be able to trial them on a race course, jump obstacles, navigate a hedge race etc. Organised events would also be run. I will seek the assistance of people who have horses and who may be able to suggest improvements. I have yet to purchase the starting and finishing gates that I have in mind (and whether a temporary horse giving facility is included).
- Visits to a number of private and public places are to be arranged. Volunteers would be appreciated.
- Much reference was made to the 10th Year Anniversary Celebrations at the last Plebeian Assembly. Suffice to say that the incoming Tribunate is keen to be involved (as are Past Tribunes) and look forward to announcements of events.
- Welcome Centre: to date there have been 2368 visitors to the Centre since 19 June 2019.
- Membership of the Two Romanum Groups:
09/04/18 08/07/19 07/12/19 12/01/20 Net change
Empire of Romanum 662 661 653 654 +1 (+6; -5)
Romanum VIPs 1257 1258 1260 +2 (+20 ; -18)
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: First I want to thank the former Tribune as a whole, and Ras as its leader in particular for outstanding service to Romanum. I hope Ras can help transition current matters before the Tribune to the new Tribune. I have set the first meeting of the new Tribune next Sunday at 12pm SLT. This will be a private meeting to elect the new Tribune Leader. If you could attend that meeting Ras, I would appreciate that. Once the new Tribune Leader is elected next Sunday, he can work with the new Tribune to setup their on going meetings, both private and public and take over the agenda of the old Tribune as well as adding new agenda items.
Dax Vayandar Parthicus: As a new Tribune, I look forward to working with everyone!
Jonny: I just wanted to say, as an incoming Tribune, that I echo Dax's statement that I look forward to working with everyone. And would also like to thank Ras and the outgoing Tribunes for their outstanding work.
Sir HELIOS of Dacia: I too wish to say I look forward to working with everyone as a tribune.
IV. ZCS METER
Tybalt Caproni: I should ask if we want a zcs distribution point at the welcome centre perhaps? We have them at Legion, Romanum Coliseum & Pompeii Coliseum now
(Ras Parthicus: Great idea. Emperor Stephanus Galtier: I agree.)
Tybalt Caproni: The RP aspects are in place. Monetary issues in Rom V and Rom IX, configuration in VII will need to be discussed and implemented. All others complete and seamlessly functioning.
Sir HELIOS of Dacia: I believe the more distribution centres for the RP system is key to wide spread use of this system.
Tybalt Caproni: It’s a fight damage meter with RP aspects like GM. Captures and a rudimentary coin system but MAJOR effects legion and gladiators at all our events due to GM and existing weaponry. It is CRUCIAL for our ability to continue to run fight groups in Romanum. Now that zcs is more widely used throughout SL that the fight leaders control the configurations and synch across our sims.
Miles Maximus: I'd like to hear more about the coin, but we can talk sometime.
Tybalt Caproni: But it’s also used at friendly sims in RP aspects and we are aligning configurations with them, in Kyme, for example. It will increase the complexity of avatars as it’s a scripted attachment. But we have used it since last March and impact shouldn’t be huge. I caution against mandatory use though. More scripted items = more complexity. If you’re not interested in using it, it shouldn’t affect you, but if you are it can be fun. But for me priority is fight functionality for legion and gladiators. It’s complex so I am sorry if I am obtuse.
Dax Vayandar Parthicus: Once the ZCS Bank is established, the average citizen may become more interested in the possibilities, such as combat and betting and such.
V. ITEMS FROM THE FLOOR
Jacob Octavius Drakon-Pompeius: Lags in some parts of Romanum are big problems. Iwould like to ask if it’s in any possible way to relocate some buildings, especially from the centre of Romanum because even during the events it’s hard to move sometimes with such big group of people around.
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: We would not likely move any buildings, however the issue of lag is well known and there are ways to lessen them as detailed on our website: https://www.romanum.net/second-life.
ĐαLöη Đög Đeşαηtö: Thank you for recognizing me. I know I am new here but just a bit of food for thought. When you go to implement your coin system there could be creative ways to use it to enhance RP, using coins to buy and barter with between residents. Pay for food at taverns but also think along lines of ways to earn coin: street sweepers or some other jobs that could help in RP. Interactions, pickpocket, taxes, fines, pay, etc.
Emperor Stephanus Galtier ponders taxes.
Miles Maximus: I was wondering about the use of coins at our several taverns. Used a system in another RP that was quite fun.
Jhon: Referring to Jacob: did you check if somebody else has the same lag problems as you do in the same zones? Mostly it’s not a sim, but an equipment and bitrate problem. Dalon: that sounds very interesting, i should have know that earlier referring to the meter I mean. (Emperor Stephanus Galtier: Yes, Jhon, correct. Lag is more complex than many realize and it is documented on our website.)
The next Senate meeting will take place on Sunday, February 9 at 11:00am.
Gratitude to Senator Janu Shimada Vindelici for the transcript.