SENATUS POPULUSQUE ROMANUM
MINUTIAE SENATE MEETING 8 SEP2019
Emperor Stephanus Galtier
Proconsul: Miles Maximus
Senators: Aurelius Romanov-Phoenix, Janu Shimada-Vindelici (acting senate leader), Petrus Gnaeius Pompeius, Tybalt Caproni
Citizens: Stefanos, Ulrik, Ras Parthicus, Jonny, Duracuir, Tim Johnson, Sir Helios of Dacia, Popov
Apologias: Stef Endriago Octavius Drakon, D Rad Parthicus, Ruggeris Brittanicus, Booker Beningborough
I. IMPERIAL APPOINTMENT
Pontifex Ulrik was sworn in as new Senator of Romanum.
II. CITY EVENTS by Senator Jany Shimada-Vindelici
- Past events: Thanks to DJ Jelseen, who has taken over as resident DJ at Neptune's.
- Future events: I ask again, whether anyone is interested in helping Senator Petrus and me, in organising Mr Romanum, this year. Saturnalia will be in December. Jin has a palace ball planned in early October.
- Absence: Senator Janu am travelling 9-20 September, and may have limited time here.
III. TRIBUNATE REPORT by Tribune leader Ras Parthicus
- Video competition: An amended entry form for the Video Competition was issued through the two Romanum groups on 1 July. Regretfully, no entries were received by 31 August.
- PRIDE 2019: The Romanum Pavilion at PRIDE is open till early 2020 and still attracts visitors. One thing that does need to be followed up is that we have the Pavilion for 10 months - what else can we do there that will attract more people to Romanum.
- Outfits for New Citizens: The Emperor has agreed to a "Romanum" toga being given to new Citizens (distinct from the Welcome Centre giveaways). Arrangements to be made with the Proconsuls responsible for processing citizenship applications.
- Role Play: Discussions continue concerning more public fun & participation at the Chariots (rp betting, a "dark" charioteer to boo etc, chariot mechanics). A betting sheet has been devised, based on the zCS Meter, using the coins allocated in the accounts of those Romanum citizens who wear that meter. Further work needs to be done on the sheet. My thanks to Senator Tybalt for his assistance in this matter.
- Horse Racing meetings: citizens using their own horses. Such would be open to all citizens who have a horse to ride but it requires a venue and interested citizens to run it.
- Home visits: programme for organised visits to Romanum Homes, institutions and businesses. Patricians and citizens are invited to nominate their properties for visits. Hosts are asked to be present and able to provide assistance to visitors. So far one institution/building has been made available and the suggestion is to also talk to the Palace Manager about including the Palace. Contact Ras Parthicus if you wish to join the project.
- Welcome Centre: to date there have been 1026 visitors to the Centre since 19 June 2019
- The next meeting of the Plebeian Assembly will be held 22 September 2019 at 8am SLT in the Pompeii Court House. Your attendance is always welcome.
IV. BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
Prince Jin has recently moved to a distant province and cannot be at this meeting. He, as Palace Manager, is asking that each Family within Romanum send a servus to undertake duties at the Palace for a month. The families would be asked on a rotating schedule. For example Parthicus October, then Phoenix November so on and so forth. Duties would include assisting at banquets, symposiums, rp events, dances, balls. I have discussed this with the Emperor and he likes the idea. Jin would like feedback on the idea please.
Next Senate meeting Sunday 13OCT2019 at 11am.
Ix Parthicus ἸΞΊΩΝ ΠΑΡΘΙΚΟΣ