Senators: Aurelius Romanov-Phoenix, Booker Beningborough, D Rad Parthicus, Gaius Antigos, Janu Shimada Vindelici, Tybalt Caproni, Miles Maximus, Petrus Gnaeus Pompeius, Stef Endriago Antonius Dracon, Nero Creticus Antonius Drakon
Citizens: Alexi Romanov-Phoenix, Twiztid Antonius Dracon, Odrys Parthicus, Emmerick Leone Gallicus, Ras Parthicus, Wyattoy, GaryMike Maximus, Luc Fabio, Tiberius Quinctius, Prince Jin of Han, Cassius, Drusus Titus Antonius, Aulus Leone Gallicus, Josh, Eloy Parthicus, Markus Vindelici, Duracuir
Apologies: Cato Leone
Proxies: none reported.
I. SENATORIAL DUTIES
Booker Beningborough: The next item is a proposal that is being discussed by the Senate themselves. It is all about establishing of duties of Senators. More information will be following after their discussion.
II. TRIBUNE REPORT
Ras Parthicus: I have to report that the number of Tribunes is now six. The Constitution provides for automatic removal from office of tribunes who miss 6 meetings in a row. Such removed Tribunes may appeal to the Consuls. The Tribune election dates, as decided by the Emperor, were announced at the last Plebeian Assembly. They are - Campaign Nov 18 - Dec 1, 2018 Voting Period Dec 2 - 15, 2018 Tie Breaking Election Dec 16-29, 2018 The Emperor attended the last Private Tribunate Meeting and discussed the proposal for changes to the Election of Tribunes, which has been submitted to the Senate. Current matters being attended to by the Tribunate are: - Servi/Slaves. On 6 October, at the Galleria Theatre, the Tribunate facilitated a special conference among interested parties about the matter of recruitment, training and retaining of servi/slaves in Romanum. Twenty one people attended the conference and the views of many were espoused. Subsequently the proceedings were broadcast via the Empire of Romanum and Romanum VIP groups. The next step is to bring together a small group to develop any changes deemed necessary to the current 2011 Servi/Slave Policy. A proposal for establishment of such a group has been forwarded to the Emperor.
The following issues are with the Emperor and Consuls for their consideration:
- The matter of refurbishing the Romanum Baths has been attended to.
- Submission re: Urban Design
- Removal of proxies for Tribunes from the Constitution (has been approved by the Senate.)
Items before the Senate are:
- Building Assistance in Time of Calamities
- Election of Tribunes - proposals for change
The next meeting of the Plebeian Assembly will be held 11am SLT 28 October 2018.
III. COLLEGIUM ROMANUM
Zarek Antonius: The RPC met again yesterday (we meet every SAT before a Senate meeting at 12PM /NOON SLT). Here is a brief report of our meeting:
- Senatorial Toga: The toga was completed earlier this week and distributed to Senators over the last few days. It was completed by Thorne Dreadlow, a good friend of Zarek's and the designer of the Senators Ball set used last year in the Imperial Palace. The hope is that Senators will wear this at all Senate meeting and official events. The Emperor saw it earlier this week and indicated he liked it. A purple version is being created and will be sent to the Emperor as well. No adverse reactions to the Toga have been reported to Zarek or the Senator Group. It has a few more pieces than originally envisioned but photos and a detailed information in a NC were provided to the Senators.
- Hunt for the Ring Events: A NC has been sent out to the Empire Group and more details and rules will be sent out MON. It is meant to promote RP with Alexandreia; learning about ancient history (clues will require some knowledge of ancient history facts and information); exploring of sims and locations not commonly used. PTOLEMY, Zarek and a representative of Alexandreia have been working hard on this event. The event starts TODAY with an RP “situation” that will happen sometime during this Senate meeting.
- Slave Committee: The RPC briefly discussed the Slave Conference and their initial report. The RPC will have a point person - Cassius - to keep abreast of the Slave Conference's work and keep the RPC informed on their work. The RPC will assist as needed should the Slave Conference need or want it.
- Imperial Laurel of Honor: This idea was mentioned to the Emperor and Zarek will follow up with him on this point. The RPC sees this as possibly a quarterly event but ultimately, the Emperor will decide who will receive this honor and the frequency of it. No lobbying or voting for this distinction will occur. It is solely at the Emperor's discretion.
- RP Ideas going forward: Zarek hopes to have the RP 101 NC (tips and general guidelines on RPing) done before the end of the year. Janu suggested that perhaps the Mr. ROM contest could have more RP aspects to it. Several ideas were proposed. The Mr ROM planning team (whom Janu is a member) will discuss the ideas proposed by the RPC and see if any of them can be incorporated.
- The RPC will follow up with Senator Rad and the Collegium/Academy about RP classes.
- The RPC feels that more festivals along the lines of ancient festivals that were VERY popular in ancient times be held. Ptolemy will coordinate with the Pontifex Maximus to have more God related events planned (even just simple offerings like what he did for the Vulcanalia last month). Quarterly festival events should be the goal to help generate more RP activity in ROM. The Saturnalia is scheduled for DEC and Janu will attempt to map out quarterly festivals for 2019.
A more detailed summary of the meeting will be posted in the RP Group notices soon. I just want to conclude by thanking everyone who attended yesterday’s meeting. Personally, I think the RPC is doing a great job, is respectful of everyone’s thoughts and opinions and works well together. I encourage anyone interested in contributing positively to RP and RP ideas in ROM to attend our meetings. Again, we meet every SAT before a Senate meeting at 12PM /NOON SLT. If you want more info, please join the Romanum Roleplay Group or send me a NC.
Markus Vindelici: To ensure the smooth running of future events, RPC and Coordinator teams need to work better together. All-rounds on the part of the RPC are only counterproductive. So far, however, I have the feeling that the RPC increasingly wants to take the events into their own hands.
Janu Shimada Vindelici: I hope I can reassure Markus - I'm careful to remember our roles as co-ordinators. I certainly will involve you. And not make co-ordinator related decisions without you.
Zarek Antonius: I take offense to the comment that the work of the RPC is counter-productive. A member of the planning committee is on the RPC and while the Hunt for the Ring event was not fully vetted through the planning committee, most of the events are not planned for ROM locations. This event was planned quickly and I Apologize for not fully coordinating but please don’t put the RPC down for my inadvertent error.
Jin Prince of Han: After careful thought I have decided that I am not the best to do any Servus training. I would like to keep my attention on what I know best, which is performing. I did try and do a class but not much interest it seems. It’s quite hard for me in my time zone. So I’ll stayed holed up in the theatre in the middle of the night I think. It’s for the best.
Tɯιȥƚιԃ Aɳƚσɳιυʂ Dɾαƙσɳ: Perhaps, more members of the planning committee could attend the RPC meetings. That way no one is stepping on anyone’s toes.
Markus Vindelici: The best would be to invite all members of the co-ordinators team, RPC and Homines de ars to one event-group to share ideas, events etc. If the co-ordinators don’t co-ordinate, something runs wrong.
Zarek Antonius: I understand and welcome Markus’ suggestion. If the planning committee has regular meetings (and if they don’t perhaps they should) so that other group coordinators can meet with them, that would help accomplish that goal. Otherwise, the planning committee members and again - ANYONE - is welcome at the RPC meetings (as I am unaware of meetings for the other groups that Markus mentioned).
IV. EVENT CO-ORDINATORS REPORT
Janu Shimada Vindelici: We can report that subject to Imperial approval, Mr Romanum will take place on 25 November. In addition, Saturnalia is scheduled to take place in December. Dates will be announced. If anyone would like to hold an additional event, or be involved, please contact Markus or me. A reminder, if you want to add or remove an event on the calendar, please contact one of us.
D. Rad Parthicus: I have two comments. I have spoken with Senator Janu and we've agreed that he will put out a notecard that clarifies the role of the coordinators. I think it is good for them to be informed, but they simply cannot plan every event themselves. Especially with Mr. Romanum and the Olympics which are huge. And second, I did want to point out to the coordinators that the 25th of November is the weekend after thanksgiving in the US, it may make it challenging for those who travel. It was just a calendar point that you and Janu may not have known. You should decide the best date. Just giving you information.
Markus Vindelici: we cannot do Mr Romanum earlier and not later. It is the best date.
Janu Shimada Vindelici: Markus and I will prepare a note together, on the role, and submit to the Emperor for approval, as he makes the appointment.
Jin Prince of Han: I think the end of Nov is the best for Mr Rom. I am creating a dance and short play for the contestants to be in. I’ll need a few weeks to get it done. I’ll also need to know who the contestants are and how many.
V. EMPEROR STATEMENT
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: I am always grateful for the hard work so many of our citizens put in for the betterment of our community. We would be dead without these people. And I wish I could thank them more often. We have a very dedicated core of both leaders and active citizens. We have people who give of their time, energy and treasury. All are needed to keep us going. We are an imperfect community. All groups of people are. All we can do is try our best and try to continue our commitments. Thanks to Ptolemy and Twiz we have a new Baths in central Romanum. I think Ptolemy has rumoured a BIG ORGY later this month. Stay tuned. We depend on so many people. In only 5 months, Romanum will be NINE years old, NINE years old! In my mind, I recently was looking to 2020, when Romanum will be TEN years old. In Second Life, Nine, Ten years old is REALLY OLD. I have said this many times and I truly mean this. I love you all, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU, even those who may give me acid reflux from time to time.
VI. BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
Zarek Antonius: I believe this has been said before and was called a sim owner issue but is there or will there be an effort to “Clean the Skies” on some of these sims. In recent weeks for events and other reasons, I have had the opportunity to look around the skies of ROM - and there is A LOT of junk in the sky. I understand parcel owners can do what they want with their land but after seeing everything I have seen in the sky, I am not surprised that there are lag issues. I would suggest and encourage people to make sure you use self-control when putting stuff in the sky and if you use something temporarily make sure you clean up after you are done.
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: Our Covenant says any item cannot be lower than 500 meters in the sky. However, I think even items 1000 meters up can be seen during the day.