Agenda for the open meeting on 14JUN2020 at 11:00am
Emperor Stephanus Galtier
Senators: Zarek Antonius, Booker Beningborough, Petrus Gnaeus Pompeius, Ras Parthicus, Tybalt Caproni, Janu Shimada Octavius, Eryx Etchegaray Drake
Citizens: Miles Maximus, Dax Skytower Varro-Parthicus, Alexi Romanov-Phoenix, Brad Gunner, Trajan Magnus Pompeius, Cerny Safir, Jonny, Paolo Parthicus, Popov Huldchinsky, Sir Helios of Dacia, Nathanos of Dacia, Odrys Parthicus, TristanCS
Proxies: Alexi Romanov-Phoenix for Aurelius Romanov-Phoenix, Odrys Parthicus for Strymon Parthicus, Eryx Etchegaray Drake for Syrus Etchagaray Drake
I. Resignation of Senator Gaius Antigos
II. IMPERIAL LAUREL OF HONOUR bestowed on Senator Janu Shimada Octavius
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: He has done a great deal for Romanum for which I am very grateful. There will be a ceremony and party announced soon.
III. REVIEW 2020 Constitution of Romanum
Booker Beningborough: The Senators met this morning in private along with the Emperor to go over the Constitution and look at changes. After much discussion, the Senators voted yay, or nay on the revised Constitution. The Senators approved the changes and adopted the Constitution. It will be available to all citizens of Romanum and Pompeii.
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: The new constitution takes effect July 1. I have already sent it to all citizens. Although citizens of Pompeii have received a copy as dual citizens of Romanum, this constitution only applies to Romanum.
IV. UPDATE REPORT on the independence of Pompeii
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: Consuls Rad Parthicus and Stef Endriago have already renamed their sims and moved Romanum IX.: Rad agreed July 1 Pompeii is officially independent but as has been stated before, we will be close allies and friends with Pompeii.
V. TRIBUNATE REPORT on the 31 May meeting by Tribune leader Popov Huldchinsky:
- Report was given concerning the conducted petition in relation with encroaching trees in the then, Romanum II & V. Unfortunately returns were poor. However, and thanks to the comprehension of our gracious Emperor, the said trees have now been removed. Tenants had been advised to take care, maintaining they frontage pleasant to visitors with suitable landscaping.
- On the subject of the zCS system in used in Romanum on a facultative manner, Plebeians were informed that they had to be aware of some dangers and therefore notices have been placed where distributors are. However, the setting on the Romanum and Pompeii sims have been set to protect users. Also, betting will shortly be operational under the good management of Tribune Dax Vayandar Parthicus. We are pleased to announce that betting is now effective for chariot races. Other zCS system uses, for private citizens, will be discussed in the next Tribunate private meeting.
- Reminder was given to Plebeians about the Pride week and the Pride Pavilion.
- It was also reiterated that on June, 6th, 20th & 27th as well as July, 4th role play teaching classes will be held and everyone was invited.
- Proposal was given toward the setting up of script meter boards in places where lag is a problem thus informing visitors of their script usage and encouraging them to reduce it. This project will be further seen during the next tribunate private meeting.
- Plebeians mentioned that, despite various different regular events planned during the week at different times, Romanum was no longer as busy during weekdays as it used to be. Several suggestions were presented as maybe being a cause: lag, high rents, flying restriction, etc This subject will be looked at by the Tribunate at their next Private meeting.
VI. UPCOMING CITY EVENTS by Senator Janu Shimada Octavius
- Past events: Pride. Many thanks to Senator Ras and Ruggeris for their hard work decorating the Pride Pavilion and tent this year. Also to Tribune Popov for taking the gallery next door and providing an exhibition. These displays will be in place till spring next year. Do take the opportunity to visit, when lag drops. Congratulations to Senators Ras and Cato, with able assistance from Tribune Jonny, for their shows at Pride.
- Tribune Dax has set up a system to allow betting on chariots. This may add to your fun at the races. It uses ZCS coins only.
- Neptunalia will take place 20-26 July. Pontifex Ariel will be offering fountain blessings. Myklos is planning a party at his sacred pool. Please contact Ariel or me, if you would like to organise an event. This will be the first festival to take place following the separation of Pompeii and Romanum. It will be helpful to have feedback on how you feel this works.
Tybalt Caproni: our Traditional Neptunalia Gladiators/Chariot tournaments will coincide with these announced Neptunalia dates of 20-26 July as usual.
Ras Parthicus: Approximately 200 people have been through the Romanum Pompeii display at Pride so far. And all the mead has been drunk at the separate tent. My thanks to all the work Ruggeris Britannicus did so that we could have something well representing Romanum and Pompeii at the Pride Festival 2020. My appreciation also to Senator Janu, Legion Stalwart and Pontifex Neptune Ariel Vindelici and Tribune Helios for their support. And of course the Emperor and Consuls Rad and Stef. And to the many from our sims that have visited the Pavilion.
VII. UPDATE on planned events by Priests this year
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: I met with Pontifex Maximus Stefanos and it was confirmed his backup is Pontifex Petrus. I have not spoken with Petrus about this. But I am sorry to say I have not delivered yet on what was requested. A full report of religious festivals this year, I will do my best to address that in the coming months.
Janu Shimada Octavius: I raised this here 2 months ago. Can I hope that the Emperor mispronounced the word Month?
Emperor Stephanus Galtier :Yes, you can.
Zarek Antonius: is the question simply a listing of religious festivals in general or those specifically to be celebrated by in Romanum? (Emperor Stephanus Galtier: The latter)
Janu Shimada Octavius: My question related to those priests who had performed no religious ceremony in the previous 6 months.
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: I will put together a list of temples, and religious ceremonies and festivals. I will coordinate with the Pontifex maximus Stefanos and Pontifex Petrus. We will validate our list of priests (especially in light of Pompeii's independence and I will have a list of all this information by the July Senate meeting.
VIII. BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: After the drought dried up the might Tiber River I have ordered it be restored. Look for that soon.