Ulrik, Petrus Gnaeus Pompeius, Damon Leone RoB, Tybalt Caproni, Strymon Odrysius Parthicus,
Miles Maximus, GaryMike Maximus, Paolo Parthicus Vindelici, Ruggeris Britannicus, Popov Huldschinsky, Ariel Parthicus-Vindelici, Jonny, Jhon, Jacob Octavius Drakon-Pompeius, Velkian, Ejix E. Silvercloud, C4 Leon RoB, duracuir, Sir Helios of Dacia, Ras Parthicus, Poor Princess
Proxies: Senator Petrus for Senator Janu Shimada-Vindelici, Senator Strymon for Consul Rad Parthicus
Apologia from the Senate scribe team not being able to attend today.
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: Good day everyone. Booker cannot attend, so I will lead this meeting. Welcome. The agenda is in the dispenser to my right. I will dispense with the roll call today.
I. CITY EVENTS REPORT by Senator ƤЄƬƦƲƧ ƓƝƛЄƲƧ ƤƠMƤЄƖƲƧ
Apologies that Senator Janu cannot be with you. He is travelling.
- Past event
Emperor's Ball: Many thanks to Prince Jin, and others involved in arranging this.
- Current events
RP: Thanks to Jhon for arranging a plan involving a hidden book. Keep hunting. It's out there somewhere.
Saturnalia events list:
** Friday 13th December:
12:00h SLT openings Ceremony by the Pontifex Maximus
12:30h SLT banquet with classical music by Flamen Petrus
14:00h SLT Saturnalia Dance with Tybalt
There is an art contest. Visit the Domus de Ars to vote for your favourite.
There is also an architecture competition. The pictures will be in display at the Domus de Ars. You will need to identify the buildings shown.
Look out for announcements. Later in the week will be a musical drama, special chariot racing and gladiators, and a closing banquet.
- Future events
Mr Romanvm: is on hold, pending review by the Senate, as agreed at the November Senate meeting.
Anniversary celebrations: while this is being planned by the Senate, all are encouraged to plan events. It's important to get event on the calendar. If you want to include an event please contact Janu.
II. NEW TRIBUNATE
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: I am please to announce we have a new Tribunate for next year. They will take office January 1. They are: Sir HELIOS of Dacia, jonny.zifanwe, duracuir, Dax Aroki Parthicus, Popov Huldschinsky. I want to give a special thanks to our soon to be former Tribunate, several of who have served two years, including Ras and Ruggeris. Popov, I believe, will continue his service from this past year.
[INTERRUPTION OF THE SENATE MEETING for the arrest of an alleged thief]
III. REPORT ON THE TRIBUNATE MEETING 24NOV by Tribune leader Ras Parthicus
- The Plebeian Assembly's proposal for a test of the zCS meter system is still before the Leadership Group.
- Items in Abeyance:
Wagering at the Hippodrome. This is dependent upon approval to test the zCS meter in Romanum and use the coin system therein. The suggestion concerning horse races will be furthered once the Chariot participation enhancements have been actioned.
Visits to a number of private and public places are to be arranged. Volunteers would be appreciated.
- Welcome Centre: to date there have been 1981 visitors to the Centre since 19 June 2019.
- Membership of the Two Romanum Groups
09 Apr 18 08 Jul 19 07 Dec 19 Net change
Empire of Romanum 662 661 653 -9
comparison with VIPS 661 653 -8 (+21 ; -29)
Romanum VIPs 1257 1258 +1 (+80 ; -79)
- New tribunate: Five candidates stood for the five 2020 Tribunate positions. They were duly announced elected by the Emperor and take up office from 1 January. Dax Vayandar Parthicus, duracuir, Jonny, Popov Huldschinsky, Sir HELIOS of Dacia. We wish them all the best in representing the Plebeians of Romanum, along with the wisdom of Solomon and the patience of Job in their endeavours.
The next meeting of the Plebeian Assembly will be held 22 December 2019 at 8am SLT in the Pompeii Court House. Your attendance is always welcome.
This will be my last report as Tribune Leader to the Senate. Gratias to the Emperor, Consuls and Senators for their assistance during the 2018 and 2019 Tribunates and I wish this august house all the best in its future deliberations.
IV. BUSINESS FROM THE FLOOR
- C4 Leone RoB™: The tour for the zoo is finally completed and can be boarded in the new interactive visitor Center.
- Tybalt Caproni: in response to the ZCS issue, it is functional and working in Romanum regions for those who choose to use it. Care has been taken to keep it in line and equal with GM and other sims. General Skip and I are administering it. It should be transparent and unobtrusive to those who do not want it. But functions for those who do. We will continue to use GM as things are compatible.
- Leone RoB™: How is his Caesar’s consort? Emperor Stephanus Galtier: He is fine, thank you.
- Ariel Parthicus-Vindelici: Today I got a note from our Centurio Alexi that he is hospitalized again. Our thoughts should be with him and in the name of the legion I wish him a quick recovery. He sent me following note: “I will be unable to attend today. I had to return to hospital because hypertension meds prescribed by my doctor caused me to pass out and fall spending entire night on floor. Ambulance came and took me to hospital again since we didn't know cause at that time. I was released from hospital yesterday and am at home recovering now. Thank you.”
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: At least he was released from the hospital, but please continue prayers for him.
Ariel Parthicus-Vindelici: I hope our dear comrade is back soon recovered.
Jonny: First, Alexi is such a stalwart in Gladiators and Legion, he said last week that we are his brothers. I hope he is back with us soon. Second, I have attended this meeting today as Tribune elect. Is it proper for tribunes to attend Senate while in office?
Emperor Stephanus Galtier: Most certainly.
Meeting adjourned. Next open Senate meeting on 12 January at 11am SLT