Minutes of Public Meeting of the Tribunate, 24 June 2018
Present: Stef Endriago Antonius Drakon, GaryMike Maximus, Ruggeris Britannicus, Ras Parthicus, Anus Octavi-Anus, Alexi Romanov-Phoenix, Ixion Parthicus, Elavor, Duracuir.
1) Opening prayer to our gods, Ejix, Pontifex Mercurii
2) Ras introduced a motion on behalf of Ixion Parthicus that steps be taken to improve the Baths in the city (document provided). During the following discussion several ideas were suggested: that we need to be mindful of costs; that costs could be addressed by seeking sponsorships or a community funding drive; that the Baths be rebuilt and opened with a gala orgy; that an artistic competition be held for a new design. It was also noted that there are new baths in Pompeii and that we need be aware of potential competition.
Moved by Ruggeris, seconded by Elavor: That the amenities in the Public Baths in Romanum be improved and that citizens be called upon to help defray the cost of constructiono of the new baths. Motion carried, four in favour, one opposed.
3) Elavor then briefly reviewed the Election Voting Committee's progress. The committee has met a number of times and agreed upon a list of proposals to potentially amend the election system. Within the next two weeks they will make a recommendation from that list and present it to a meeting of the Tribune like this for full debate and decision.
4) Ixion's proposal regarding urban design improvement was raised by Ras for additional discussion. Ix expressed his frustration at the seemingly endless debate instead of taking action. There was general support for Ix's suggestion among the Tribunes.
Moved by Ras, seconded by GaryMike: That the Romanum urban design team rethinks the current look of many streets in Romanum, including large trees, whilst taking into account personal property and the Emperor's position. Motion carried; all in favour.
5) Ras quickly reviewed the progress of gathering ideas for the Tribunes to use in enhancing life in Romanum.
6) As an FYI to the Tribunes, Ras reported that the motion regarding proxies has been forwarded to the Senate for their action .
7) The Tribunes unanimously approved a suggestion that they send a note of congratulations and applause to the event organizers (Markus Vindelici and Janu Shamada Vindelici) for their excellent work. (P.S. that message has been conveyed to both Markus and Janu).